21 November 2005

Oh Dear....

It's been a few days since I've blogged, not because of anything bad, I've just been a bit too tired and busy with other things in the evening to do it. So, here's what's been up since the last update into the life of Mike Lord:

  • Went to a student staff conference on Saturday with another Community Director and two UGA's (Undergraduate Advisors) from here at Dartmouth. It wasn't a bad conference, but there's a lot of "ra-ra" positivity in this field, that sometimes keeps a deeper level of thinking from happening. That's what this conference was like. My colleague and I presented at the conference, and if we didn't have students with us, probably would have left after our session (which was well received by our 5 attendees, by the way).
  • Sometime on Friday, I believe, I noticed a slight ache/pain in one of my lower left teeth when I would chew on that side. Fortunately, I have a cleaning scheduled for tomorrow, so I'll have the dentist check it out while I'm there.
  • Talked to my friend Tony tonight on the phone for about 2 hours. We hadn't talked on the phone since sometime in the summer, and we've been playing phone tag for about the past three weeks. It's good that we finally connected.
  • I have a serviceable demo prepared of "So In Love (With Your Presence)," that I may put up on my website sometime soon. It's *very* rough, but the structure is there, so I can now play around with it, and perhaps even leave it to ferment a bit while I start up some other stuff.
  • Sunday was a lazy day, I didn't do much other than watching the 4th volume of "SCTV" on DVD.
  • One of my UGA's had a fun program on Saturday evening, one of her residents taught a group of us some 18th century dances. The dances were very structured, but fun.

That's about all for an update right now. I'm sure I did some other stuff of interest that I'm forgetting now, but I think you'll live without knowing every detail of my life.

Won't you?

NP: Dick Dale, Riders In The Sky

1 comment:

Jen said...

no, please tell us everything. I don't know how I've lived without it for so long!

Just kidding. I like hearing what you are up to.