25 November 2005

Will the Digestion Never End???

The day after Thanksgiving, the day of Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Soup, Turkey on Toast, and all other turkey items served across the United States. I did my share today, and just had some reheated turkey. Good for dinner, and now the turkey is gone.

For now...

Today, I managed to blow through the written section of all my UGA (Undergraduate Advisor) evaluations. I still have to do the "check box" ratings, but those take 5 minutes tops per evaluation, so I can do those at my leisure on Monday. It took me from about 11:15am till about 2pm to get those done.

After that, I managed to clean up the apartment a bit, although more of that will be done tomorrow. Played some music while doing so, including the new Mars Volta and John Cale. Both are quite good, in their own way. I do need to listen to them a bit more to really get the sense of the music though. The first runthrough of an album is almost always just getting a sense of the music, with repeated listenings getting into the deeper arrangements and structures.

Sue and I watched the movie Tapeheads in the evening, one of my favorites. First saw it back in High School on VHS with Brian Paik, and have seen it lots of times since then. I introduced it to a lot of my college friends, and it's taken on a life of its own since then. We hadn't watched it in awhile, so it was fun to see it again. It's also not a long movie, so it goes by quick. Swanky Modes rule!

I'm about 120 pages into Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. A very fun read so far, and I'm looking forward to perhaps finishing it before the weekend is out.

NP: Ten Seconds, The Last Three Minutes, 1

No comments: