16 November 2005

Reaching around...

Went out with some friends from work tonight to celebrate a birthday. One of the other CD's (Community Directors, for those of you not in the know), was 25 today. We went to a local eating establishment in town, and a good time was had by all.

For some reason, I have become known for telling funny, disturbing, "gross" stories. I was almost called upon to tell a few tonight, but I was kept in check. My audience was willing, but some didn't want to be exposed to the same stories again. I personally am willing to rest some of these stories, or tell them in more appropriate contexts. Still, they're generally pretty funny upon later reflection, even if some are grossed out in the moment.

I'm continuing to prep for my Alien talk tomorrow. Too bad I didn't start reading the book I mentioned yesterday about a week earlier, it really fits in to what I'll be talking about. I also want to work with Joe to make a slide presentation for the future that talks more about the actual alien/UFO stories. I think the slides as they stand now are a bit heavy on the people who have been involved in reporting these events, and less on the actual stuff. For people with some knowledge of the phenomenon, I think that the stuff about the researchers may be interesting, but for people who want to hear wacky stories, we have to shift our focus a bit. Easy enough to do when we're talking about this stuff, but people love photos...

I may even try to photocopy the old article from the Boston Phoenix where I'm quoted about this alien stuff. My friend Theresa wrote the article, so I got my mention in a Major Boston Area Newspaper. Groovy...

NP: The Who, Boris the Spider

No comments: