16 March 2006

Car!

I dropped my car off this morning to have it inspected. I got a call around 10am, saying that the garage needed to put new brake pads and something else involving the brakes on the front wheels, in order to have it pass inspection. Since I had last done this about 4 years ago, it seemed like the timing was right to do it again.

However, it did run me $280. Yeech! Happy F*cking Birthday!

Not that $280 is out of my budget, I'll be able to pay it off as soon as I get paid on 1 April. But it is the unexpected nature of random repairs that is a pain. I'll live with it, but it's now $250 less that I can throw at my student loans this coming month. Ah well. Life goes on.

My birthday was fine today, nothing too exciting, which is fine with me. Sue got me the 4 disc set of the soundtrack to "Fellowship of the Ring," which I'll listen to in full once I get back from the conference this coming Wednesday.

I will bring my digital camera with me, so I can do a photolog of the conference upon my return. I probably won't have regular e-mail/internet access while out there, so if I'm slow in updating this, or with responding to any e-mail, no worries.

NP: Simple Minds - And The Band Played On

No comments: