05 November 2006

Sweat!

Just got done exercising a few minutes ago. I've been holding steady at doing about 20 minutes on the elliptical machine each night. Sooner or later, I'll up it to half an hour, and that will be as high as it goes. I've mentioned on here before, I'm not really willing to give up more of my life than that to exercise. 30 minutes is enough to keep me active, get the heart rate up a bit, and sweat off a bit of the poundage.

Although, I have to say, just cutting down on the food intake, I've already lost at least 10 pounds. At Dartmouth, it was very easy to get some ice cream at lunch, and eat other extra stuff. I'm finding here at Saint Peter's, even though the cafeteria is all you can eat, that I'm eating less in general. If that can continue, then maybe I'll even drop into the 175 lbs. area I've been out of since about 1996. I don't think I'll ever get down to my high school weight of 140-145, but I have no real urge to get that light again.

I suppose it's time to start thinking about Christmas, people will start asking what I want. Honestly, there's not a lot of "stuff" out there that I'm looking to get. I enjoy books, music, and getting some DVD's, but I'm trying to cut down on all three, especially the DVD's.

Maybe a donation in my name to the Human Fund is in order...

Of course, I do have to also start thinking about what to get others in my life. It is fun to get people stuff, but it's hard, especially when you don't know what they're looking for, or what they have.

I actually have an idea for a friend's birthday, which I have to order soon... Ack, but I need that friend's new address! Maybe he'll get the hint by reading this blog, and send me his address.

Eh, probably not, I better e-mail him.

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday. Vote early, vote often!

NP: ProjeKct Two - Live Groove (1 June 1998)

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

Man, I hope that jerkass friend of yours gets a frickin clue! What a freak.