15 February 2006

Sweaty....

Just finished exercizing. I try to do at least 30 minutes a day on the recumbent bike, although last week, due to evening work, I was barely able to do it more than one or two evenings. Because of my blood donation, I took off last night, so tonight, I did about 35 minutes. Not bad, but my shirt doesn't absorb sweat very well, so I'm a bit sticky.

I'm sure you all wanted to know that...

It's been a quick week so far at work. These weeks where I don't have a lot of student meetings tend to go by faster than I expect them to. I'm also thinking of taking Friday off from work, to burn off a vacation day. I deserve it, right?

Had an interesting conversation today at lunch about the whole Dick Cheney shooting incident. One of my co-workers, and rightfully so, was debating the usefulness of this being a "real" news story. My point was that yes, the accident may not be much of a story (except if the victim dies) outside of the immediate circle of people affected, but that the handling of the story shows a level of secretiveness and ambiguity about sharing news that this administration has shown again and again for "important" issues. Except shooting someone in the side/face is a lot more understandable to people than lobbyist issues, or even illegal wiretapping, which are the "real" stories that need to be covered. We shall see where this all goes.

If nothing else, Dick Cheney will join the ranks of Aaron Burr in trivia questions about VP's who have shot someone.

Tonight, I *may* record a guitar part for a song I'm working on. It's a bit late, and I don't know if I want to start it at this time. I may just do a quick pass to see how it sounds, or wait till tomorrow or over the weekend to record it. Once I get this new song done, I'm going to start transferring the old Joe/Mike/JP band tapes, which won't take as long as the T.O.O.L. tapes did.

NP: The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack; Flight to the Ford

No comments: